Calgary Web Design Tip – Updated Your Website Lately?
One important Calgary web design tip that is often missed with small business who setup websites – they’ve paid lots of cash getting themselves online, they have a fantastic product or service but now that its online they’ve chosen to sit back and wait for everyone to stampede on their front doorsteps online…
… and unfortuantely they’re going to be sitting there for quite some time wondering what’s gone wrong…
So have they missed something and have lost thousands of invested dollars?
Nope, but they have lost in terms of forward thinking planning to attract visitors (and customers) to their site.
Most businesses either have an existing marketing system or they might not, and rely entirely on their website to generate traffic to their stores or create sales for their business’ so a website acts as a full-fledged marketing (or salesperson) tool to the online public. Imagine a large corporation like Nike – create product, universal world-wide but what if they didn’t run magazine ads, do sponsorships with major athletes, run TV advertising spots, etc. Retailers wouldn’t know of their product, wouldn’t stock it and the general public would flock to a business that does a better job of advertising and broadcasting themselves.
How can you avoid being left in the dust?
- Create fresh content for your website – update page content, add in new sections featuring new products, services or information for users
- Get up and running with Facebook and Twitter to keep more in touch with your audience
- Add a Blog to your site and post interesting topics on your blog your users will learn from
- Create back links to your site from social media sites online linking directly to your new articles
- Add a YouTube video featuring a particular service or product you offer and visually demonstrate your experience and benefits to your user
Another few important reasons why its becoming super critical for keeping your site current:
- Google has released its new search algorithm called ‘Caffeinated’ which means rankings on the Google search engine are determined not only by traditional search engine optimization techniques, but also by time frame. Reason for this came about by applications like Facebook and Twitter which give internet users real time updates, so Google has started incorporating that into who places where on their search engine. According to Google, Caffeinated allows new pages and links to be faster indexed on the Google search page… twice as fast as it was before.
- And the MOST important reason why to keep your website fresh and current…. if your competition hasn’t already updated their sites, they will… and you’ll be left in the dust and watching your rankings fall…
Does this article sound dire and is leading you to believe your competitors may be getting the leg up on you? Probably.
Can your website succeed with fresh content, encourage users to keep visiting your site and keep up on the first page of Google? Definitely.
For more information on how you can update your site and encourage the search engines to better rank your business online, get in touch with your local Calgary web design firm today and we can discuss your ongoing marketing needs to keep your website up-to-date and performing to your needs!
|Print article||This entry was posted by admin on August 1, 2010 at 10:11 pm, and is filed under Calgary Marketing. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|
about 2 years ago - 4 comments
One of the common things that every business needs to ask themselves before meeting up with their Calgary web design firm, is what kind of budget should I set for my website project? Amazingly enough, this question can be a daunting one. Depending if you’re new to the market with a fresh idea or if
about 2 years ago - 2 comments
In today’s world of up and down economies, any Calgary web design firm will tell you that it’s increasingly harder each day to run a retail business in the traditional sense. The big question that all business owners needs to ask themselves in order to succeed in this day and age: how do I keep and get more customers, advertise my product offering better while keeping my costs low? … the answer? E-commerce!
about 2 years ago - 5 comments
As a Calgary Web Design Firm, we often discuss website marketing with our clients throughout a project – be it a website design project, an upgrade or a general site review. Many business owners we talk with have indeed heard of Twitter – potentially know that their customers use the technology to talk with friends, but many don’t understand the benefits of what Twitter can offer their businesses.
about 2 years ago - No comments
Welcome to the new Calgary Web Design blog! Here we will be discussing a wide variety of topics pertaining not only to the online world, but also business strategies, industry news and even some personal stuff to let everyone get to know us better. Our main website, www.fimedia.ca is where we do all the fun,